This facility has two 14-foot diameter intakes that combine into a 3.5-mile-long flowline just downstream of the dam; the south intake has a permanent bulkhead installed and is not utilized. The original wooden stoplogs installed in 1926 are still used at the north intake to dewater the penstock and intake gate area. Given their age, these stoplogs were nearing the end of their service life. Additionally, the original process for installing and removing the stoplogs is inefficient and requires divers to guide the stoplogs into place. The goal of the project was to design new stoplogs and a new lifting system to replace the current stoplogs and to improve the functionality of the outdated system.
To identify a more efficient and economically feasible solution, Bergmann provided the following services: